Network.NAFSA Code of Conduct
Welcome to Network.NAFSA! By using any Network.NAFSA community, you agree to the rules below.
NAFSA reserves the right to prescreen postings and remove posts that violate this Code of Conduct. NAFSA also reserves the right to reject any message for any reason as well as limit or remove users who violate these rules.
Please submit questions about the Code of Conduct via the contact form. Please see the Network.NAFSA Help Guide for an explanation of network settings.
- Posts must stimulate conversation and add to the body of knowledge. Avoid spam and advertisements.
- Post to the most appropriate community or interest group with a clear subject line. Unapproved cross-posting to more than two communities will be considered spam and will be subject to removal.
- Specialized research networks: Post announcements about scholarly publications, events, and opportunities for research in NAFSA Research Connections; Intercultural Communication and Training Network; Internationalizing Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum Network; or Research and Scholarship Network.
- Job announcements should be advertised in the NAFSA Job Registry. Limit Network.NAFSA job posts to 2-3 sentences and include a link to the full description. Job announcements exceeding 2-3 sentences will be subject to editing.
- Promotions, commercial messages, or advertisements of non-NAFSA events will be removed.
- In the context of furthering a Network discussion, you may post 2-3 sentences about an upcoming non-NAFSA professional development event. Advertising opportunities are available through the NAFSA Annual Conference and Expo, NAFSA Regional Conferences, International Educator magazine, and the Global Partnership Program.
- Use caution when discussing products, organizations, and individuals. Do not engage in libel, slander, or breaches of antitrust laws.
- Posters requesting the completion of a survey must later share survey results in the same network. Limit the post to 2-3 sentences with the survey link.
- Content is not confidential. Other participants may reproduce postings from this site (see Legal Disclaimer below)
Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials and remarks are strictly prohibited and will be removed from Network.NAFSA communities. This includes, but is not limited to, posting another person’s private information or engaging in any form of harassment (sexual or otherwise).
Information or other material protected by copyright cannot be shared on Network.NAFSA without the permission of the copyright owner. Please carefully note all items listed in the Legal Disclaimer below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted. Users may share publicly available links to the referenced content to stimulate conversations or provide references or resources to others.
Changing Your Settings
Instructions for joining and leaving communities, as well as changing privacy settings or profile information to reflect a job change or new contact information can be found in the Network.NAFSA Help Guide.
This site is provided as a service for the field of international education by NAFSA: Association of International Educators. NAFSA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by users. Opinions expressed are those of the individual posters and do not represent NAFSA. We disclaim all warranties about information posted on this site, whether posted by NAFSA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NAFSA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NAFSA and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
NAFSA monitors the site for inappropriate postings and will remove any posts it deems inappropriate. NAFSA reserves the right to moderate all communities.
NAFSA reserves the right to moderate, suspend, or terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines at the sole discretion of NAFSA.